Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ring, Ring Part 2!

Guess what I did last night?

I shall tell you. We arrived home from a Stake Talent Show in Cajamarca at around 10 pm. (It was the latest we’ve ever been out and it’s a big no, no, but we figured it was for a church function and we were good J And our dear friend Pedro was kind enough to accompany us the whole way home.) As we were trying to find our keys for our house, we could hear the phone ringing inside. We got the door open just as the ringing stopped. Luckily, a few moments later it started ringing again.  I ran downstairs anxious to answer it, because I had just had a great day and was hoping so badly that it was my poppo’s voice that I’d hear on the other end. But it wasn’t. It was Hermano Sandro, our Spanish Speaking area coordinator. 

And here’s what I did. I had a whole conversation on the phone with him! I only had to ask him to slow down once and to repeat himself one other time. I hung up feeling very accomplished! Granted, he did speak slow and he did use basic words  and I only caught half of what he said… but still! 

Reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment