Thursday, January 12, 2012

Estoy Contenta :)

We are here (Well in Lima) We are safe. We are happy. We are stinky, sweaty and dirty.
10+ hours on an airplane and several hours in an airport will do that to you.

We are stayed the night at a woman name Zara 's house. She is so wonderful and we absolutely love her and her son!

We slept like babies last night, Abigail and I in one bed, Brittany on the top bunk. We woke up to Bruno Mars and Zara's son proclaiming, "Mujeres, DESAYUNO!!!!"

Zara showed us her garden which consists of an apricot tree, a lemon tree, a fig tree and a tree with a spiky fruit that I've never heard of! It's beautiful and sunny outside, but us Rexburg rats are not used to this humidity!

Our bus to Cajamarca doesn't leave til later today, so we will play volleyball in the park, eat lunch and maybe go to the temple before then!

We are in awe that we actually made it to Peru. And guess what. We didn't have a single problem! Our baggae is safe and sound, everything was a breeze in customs and we made a new friend on the flight over (Cristian). Zara gives us Spanish lessons whenever we get the chance and we're helping her with her English.
Brittany, Abigail and I even had our first family prayer in Spanish last night and I only had to use one English word. Note to self: Look up "energy" in Spanish :)

She's making us shower (although we are more than happy to oblige) because we are quite the sight to see and have a 16 hour bus ride ahead of us! We each have about 150 pounds of luggage, but the bus has a strict 50 pounds of luggage only policy... so that will be our next adventure to hurtle.

We are SO happy and can't wait to finally reach our destination.
Thanks so much for your prayers, I promise you that we can feel them and they have helped!

Con Amor, Noelle

5 comments:

  1. This blog did my heart good. Thank you for taking time to post it. Let me know how the e baggage works out with the bus. I will now direct my prayers for that particular problem. Love you always. Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! We're just about to head out from Lima. We're making bracelets and watching movies in Spanish and practicing Espanol the whole 16 hours. Tomorrow morning we will be in Cajamarca! P.S Feel free to sign out of my Blogger so I don't look like i'm talking to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering why you were having a conversation with yourself? I am with your mom though....I wouldn't know how to fix that! Oh Noelle....I am so proud of you...you are having an adventure of a lifetime....bus ride and all. Of course we at the Jacobsmeyer household will be praying for your safety....and success (exito) Your blog is full of "energia" and I am thrilled that you are picking up Spanish as a 2nd lingo! You go girl.
      Love ya,
      Natalie

      Delete
  3. Grandma Skousen said she didn't get your blog but wants you to include her. So can you do that? And I don't get the "feel free to sign out of my Blogger" stuff but will ask Holly. Sorry. I am LAMO with FB / Blog stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete