Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Love Notes

It is inevitable. I am in love with small Peruvian children. And from the looks of it,  they kind of like me too! 

Today I got five different love notes from my lovely little friends. 
If I had to choose a favorite child for today, it'd by Luz Elena. She is amazing!

From my mischievous little Aurora

This is from 16-year-old Marco, such a sweetheart!
From little Erlita, it came in a cute homemade envelope
They all pretty much say the same thing, things like, “ I love you so much, you are my best friend, you are happy, beautiful and nice. You are like a Princess” (Thank you google translator for telling me what the children are saying to me!) It was also nice to see that they wrote my name "E-l-i-a" I wasn't really sure how to spell it, cause I keep thinking it's "Ellia". Ohhh they make me so happy! 

I seriously fall more and more in love with them every single day, although they seem to have forgotten that we don’t speak very much Spanish. On the first day they were really good about only using small words and not talking very quickly, but maybe it’s just because they were shy. 

Nowadays they are totally comfortable with us and talking at a million miles an hour. 

This sounds weird, but I love to study their faces. They are all so unique and so beautiful in such a natural way! Their skin is gorgeous and their hair is the thickest stuff I’ve ever felt in my life.
These are my boys! I eat my lunch with them and they tease me like crazy. Today they told me that my boyfriend was in love with another woman. When I began to cry they all hugged me and told me I was pretty :)

These dolls are SO good to us. They are so patient with us and help us speak correctly.

This is Ana Maria showing off the bracelet we taught her to make!
 They love to give hugs run up and tickle me when they think I’m not looking. They can be such pills at times and be getting into things they aren’t supposed to, but I can’t even get mad at them (I don’t really know the right words to do so and by the time I find some suitable words, I’m already over it because they’ve melted me with their sweet, little, mischievous smile.)

At night time we can hear them banging on our doors and shouting our names, begging for us to come out and play with them. It's adorable! 

Ahhh I just can't say it enough. Coming to Peru has got to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm learning and changing so much everyday. The things that once meant the world to me are just details that have completely faded away. I've become so grateful for the little things like running water and  electricity (ours are both shut off every day with out notice, but we've learned to do without). 

I can't believe it's not even been a week since we've been here. For sure the hardest week of my life, as drastic as that sounds, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

3 comments:

  1. You and your new little friends are in our family prayers every night. Stay Strong!
    Love~Aunt Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh.............I am so proud of you! I love that you love so much. Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! More pictures please! but i do love your posts!:) hannah

    ReplyDelete