Sunday, January 15, 2012

#55 Bear My Testimony in Spanish

I was sooo not planning on having this one come up for quite sometime, but alas it did, on my very first Sunday here. Here’s what happened.
We woke up late and had to rush to get ready to catch the bus. Banana for breakfast!
In Relief Society, we didn’t really have a lesson (if we did, than us Gringas totally missed it) It just sounded like they did announcements and Visiting Teaching assignments the entire time and then we had a closing prayer! It was like  15-20 minutes before church was supposed to be out so we were really confused. So all the ladies left the room and went downstairs and then came back up like five minutes later. Apparently the priesthood leaders told them that they had to stay in class for “diez mas minutos” Ten more minutes.

So then, back in the classroom, the ladies took turns standing in front of the class and saying stuff. From what I could gather, they were introducing themselves and then … bearing their testimonies maybe? That’s what I assumed at least, so when it came to be my turn I stood up and said that my name was Elia and that I was from the United States. I said that I knew the church was true and that I knew that the Book of Mormon was the Word of God (In Sunday School we learned about the tree of life and I picked out the phrase “la palabra de Dios” from the verse talking about the Iron Rod in 1 Nefi 8. I’m glad I remembered it from Sunday school so I could throw it in with my testimony! I think I tried saying that I love the Book of Mormon, but it’s kind of a blur. And then I closed in the name of Jesus Christ and sat down. Success!

2 comments:

  1. love that mumu. Good for you! I am super proud of you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Noelle! Take advantage of this opportunity to learn the language because it will be a great blessing for you in the future!

    ReplyDelete