Wednesday, January 18, 2012

English Names

Today we each picked a subject to teach and let the kids go to which ever teacher/subject they wanted to learn about. I taught English outside. We worked on saying “Hello, How are you?” Oh my goodness, they sound adorable when they try to speak English! They didn’t really get the “How are you”, but they now have the basic colors down pat!

Some of the kids came and found me later and asked me what their names are in English. I told Katherin that hers was Katherine, it was really hard for her to pronounce the “th”.
Ana Maria was next, I told her that I knew people in America named Ana and Maria, but she wasn’t satisfied with that, so I told her that her name would be MaryAnn. She liked that better. The rest of the kids, I had no idea… so I made them up as close as I could and came up with:

Alessandro: Alexander
Luz Elena: Eloise… haha I know, I know
AlBieri: Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment