Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How is Your Soul?

So I haven't blogged in quite some time, (forgive me family) but there has just been no time I tell you! Our days are jammed packed with exercise, food, friends, fun and our lovely little ninos. By the time I get home and get into my jammies, the last thing I want to do is sit on my computer and type. I want to be having sweet dreams about how much I love being here (which I do!).

So, I've left the bulk of the blogging up to my two dear gringas Abby and Brit. So if you're terribly curious as to what I've been up to this past week of amazingness, check out their blogs :)

In the mean time, I'll leave you with this.

This morning, after our run, Brittany and I were sorting rice at El Bichito when she asked me, "Noelle, how is your soul?" 
Brit's a deep thinker
This is clearly the face of a happy soul, no?

I thought about it for a second, determined to think deeply and reply with some profound answer, but I just couldn't do it. I know exactly how my soul is, it doesn't take much thought or reflection. 

My soul is SO good. I am sooo happy!

 I love Peru, I love our new friends, I love my roommates, I love the work I do, I love my ninos and I adore the Peruvian people.





I love walking through the streets of Banos and Cajamarca, not as a tourist, but as a resident. When people ask me if I'm a tourist, I LOVE being able to say, "Nope, this is my home, I live here and I love it here."

I love walking home from a fun day and jumping on the opportunity to help some women workers move heavy rocks down the road, or helping two men push their heavy carts up the street.

 I love looking everyone in the eye that I meet and greeting them with the biggest smile that I can muster.

I love going to work. I love when my kids run up and kiss me hello. And when they come sit in my lap, hold my hand, or just snuggle close to me. I love asking them about their lives and their ambitions. I love chasing them around the dining room and tickling them til they cry. I love watching them play and laugh. I adore them!

I love starting and ending each day with my two best friends right by my side. I love being able to talk to Brittany and Abigail about home, about Peru, about plans, about boys, about anything and everything.



I love going to church and being able to feel the same spirit that I can feel in the states. I love being able to read the same stories out of the same book and discussing the same gospel that I have my whole life.

I love having a social life. I love having friends. I thrive off of social interaction and would be completely destined to misery if we didn't have such awesome, fun friends here!




 

So yeah Britt, I think it's pretty safe to say that this soul of mine is doing pretty gosh darn good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment