Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nauseous Noelle

My FB Status February 22, 2012 3:00 pm
It wouldn't be a true-blue-Peru adventure unless one of us got food poisoning and spent 9 pm-3 am throwing up anything and everything they've ever eaten...and then some...and then spent the next 12 hours sleeping it off. Good thing I have awesome, understanding roommates whom I love dearly! In the meantime, I'm swearing off rice and potatoes.


So although it's not a pleasent story, I must document quite possibly the most unenjoyable part of my trip thus far.


On Tuesday night I was exhausted. We were eating our dinner of nachos at about 7:30 pm and I kept falling asleep at the dinner table. We were also trying to figure out our flight/travel/tour plans for our last  week here in the most cost effective way possible, so I was trying extra hard to stay awake. 

At around 9, we moved our discussion into our living/dining/bedroom so that we could use a whiteboard and I could lay down in our bed.

And that's when my tummy went into revolt. I remember telling Brittany I was going to throw up, so she got me a bag and I think I fell asleep after that. From that point on, I went on to throw up three more times through out the night. I'd feel it coming up, force myself to wake up...and almost always make it to a throw up bag.... almost :) 

Oh how I just wanted to be in a warm home with my mom taking care of me. Instead, I was in a giant, freezing cold room made of concrete and had a SAINT of a roommate talking care of me. Seriously, Brittany is amazing. She'd take my bag of throw-up, pour it's contents down the toilet and bring me a clean bag.

Finally, by the third time I had thrown up, I had nothing left in my stomach (we had eaten A TON that day) and that's when the dry heaves started (at least I think that's what it's called when your body tries to throw up, but you have nothing left in your stomach) ohhhh that was not fun.

At 3 am I had had enough and I was feeling way bad for my roommates that I had woken up at least 10 times in the past 5 hours. My energy was shot but I managed to ask if anyone had any medicine. Saint like roommate number two, Abigail, got up and out of bed AT 3 AM to find me some PeptoBismal.

It was the chewable kind (which I can hardly stand) but I was desperate. So I took some and went back to bed and slept until 3 pm the next day :)

I slept and slept and slept and slept and woke up periodically to Jhonny or Feliciana's voices.

When I finally got up and out of bed, it was move out time. Luckily, most of my things were already packed and ready to go. So I loaded up my suitcases/duffle/backpack and headed outside to wait for the bus in the rain. It was the longest I had stood up all day and it was not enjoyable.

We got to our vacation home for the week and made us some dinner of.... you guessed it.. rice and potatoes.

We skyped with Liz and Aleksi's awesome mom and then it was time for bed. I was OUT. Woke up this morning, took my first shower in wayyy too long and sacked back out on the bed.

I thought I was done with my tummy troubles...but apparently I wasn't. It started back up this morning and has ceased to ...cease

Sorry this post is poorly worded and and don't super interesting, I'm drifting in and out of consciousness as we speak, so if this doesn't make sense.. you know why.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

  1. As Anthony would say....no bueno! Hey....condition yourself to chew those chewable Pepto tablets.....you will be glad you did! Take care of yourself mi hija (in law)! Mommy J. loves you! This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete